For more than 40 years, Agrob Buchtal has been manufacturing ceramic facades in Germany, racking up 118 million square feet in product. Today these solutions are offered in three product lines, each with a 20 year warranty:
- KeraTwin®: hollow, rear-ventilated ceramic panels with extruded ‘holding grooves’ (no clips!) that make for fast installation with the engineered attachment system, large format from 24" x 5'9" available.
- KeraAion®: large-format, lightweight ceramic panels that are well suited to larger buildings – available in not only rectangular panels but also square units up to 48” x 48”.
- KeraShape®: extruded rectangular tubes in different cross sections – for use as a design accent, as shading, or as screening for mechanical equipment or parking garages.
Installation system is designed for quicker installation times with no clips needed. Each panel can also be individually dismounted and replaced should the need arise. The installation is also flexible in that you are able to hang panels in any order depending on project equipment availability, from bottom to top, or top to bottom.
All three solutions come in 1000s of color options, like solids, glazes, stone, cement metal and wood textures.
All three lines can incorporate Hytect photoceramic coating which effectively make the building self-cleaning. Titanium dioxide, permanently baked onto the ceramic surface, releases active oxygen through photocatalysis and is highly hydrophilic. These two properties keep buildings looking clean, significantly reduce maintenance costs of the life of the project:
- Oxygen inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as fungi, algae, moss, and germs.
- Raindrops don’t bead up on the surface but rather spread to form a thin protective film that penetrates dirt and resists grease.